One of the many benefits of owning your own home is the freedom to find your ‘furever’ friend. By pointing out the aspects of your home that make it ‘pet-friendly’ in your listing, you’ll attract these buyers, rather than alienating the 66% of American households that have a pet or plan to get one!
If you’re a Las Vegas, Nevada homeowner looking to list your home for sale, how do you stand out to the millions of pet parents searching for their dream home?
Whether a dog person, a cat person, or someone who prefers the company of another pet species, 99% of pet owners say that they consider their animal to be family. When finding a home, 68% of animal owners believe it is important that a housing community allows animals. In addition, 43% of pet owners would be willing to move to accommodate their furry family member.
A study by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) revealed that there are many aspects of the home buying, selling and owning experience that have been greatly impacted by our love for our pets. This should come as no surprise, as $109.6 billion was spent on pets in the U.S. in 2021.
The Power of Pets When Choosing the Right Home
- 68% of animal owners say that an animal policy has influenced their decision to buy in a particular community
- 43% of pet owners would be willing to move to better accommodate their furry family member
- 18% of recent home buyers stated that a neighborhood near a vet and/or outdoor space for their pet(s) is very important
If you’re a homeowner looking to sell in today’s pet-friendly environment, point out the features of your home that will attract pet owners:
- Fully fenced in backyard – (49% of pet owners ranked this as the most important feature of a home to accommodate their pet)
- Large enough home for household and pet(s) (27% ranked this as the top feature of homes they would consider)
- Flooring (24% of pet owners ranked flooring as a very important feature in their future home)
Americans love their pets and will look for pet-friendly features in the home they wish to buy, so take advantage of this knowledge by pointing out your home’s ability to meet their needs. Additionally, touch base with one of our Las Vegas Valley, pet-friendly real estate agents to see what’s best for furry family members.
Touch base with Bryce Henderson, our Las Vegas Valley pet-friendly real estate agent, to see what’s best for furry family members. Know as the Realtor to the Dogs, Bryce is a pet parent and animal advocate in Las Vegas, Nevada.